Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 17: More pain, compact like a Honda Civic, and a 20 year reunion

OK, so I'm a little worried.  Again, I had a session where I was in pain during yoga (lower back still).  Its a little unnerving.  It is bearable though and I've heard the expression "kill the pain with pain" so I worked as hard as I could through it.  Today was 5pm yoga with Roberta.  Roberta is this cute little instructor from Brazil with an adorable accent.  She was teaching here before during my last challenge and left around day 50 of my challenge to go home to Brazil.  Well, she just got back a week ago and will be here again for 4 months!  So today was my first class with her since her return and I was excited about it.  She went to training last fall and I was in one of her first classes when she was fresh out of training.  So I've seen her grow in her teaching, get her rhythm, her confidence and just plain hit her stride.  During the third part of fixed firm she likes to tell us to get nice and compact "like a Honda Civic".  It just sounds so cute coming from her accent and all.  
Today I also made the decision to go to my 20 year high school reunion this September.  I purchased the ticket.  Its a done deal.  I'm going to meet up with three girls that I used to hang around with so I don't have to show up totally alone.  It will be fun.  Of course now I am freaking out about my weight.  Isn't that what everybody does when its reunion time?  Freak out about their weight?  I do not want to go to my reunion in my current state.  I also know that even if I continue on to 90 days with my challenge, that is still not enough.  I have to be on a food plan.  If you've been reading my posts, you may be thinking "so hows that food journal coming along Michelle?".  If you've been reading my posts and you know me, then that statement is laced with sarcasm, because you'll be well aware of the fact that I have not been able to commit to any serious weight loss efforts for the last TEN years.  God I hate to even type that.  I feel weak and stupid to admit that.  I'm even to the point where I'm tempted to call Jenny.  Yes, I'm referring to Jenny Craig.  I'm so frustrated and so portion control challenged that it does sound appealing to just open something up that's already figured out for me, eat that and move on to the next task of the day.  I'm sitting here wondering "can I lose 20lbs by Sept. 20th?"  If I start this weekend, that's roughly 12 weeks.  If I were to lose 2 lbs a week, that would be 24.  Take 4 pounds away for the weeks I only lose 1 pound or so and its possible.  Maybe not probable, but possible.  Even losing 15 would make me feel a whole hell of a lot better.  I'm not quite sure why I am even hesitating at this point.  There's no shame in calling Jenny is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment