Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 26: These new teachers are insanely good!

Today was 5:30 with Mel, a newly trained teacher from Spring class.  All I've got to say is damn.   This batch of newbies are blowing my socks off.  Energy, confidence, great dialog, smiles in their voices, wonderful control over temp in the room and timing is spot on.  
I think it speaks volumes as to the quality of our studios here.....both of them have commented that they had great support before and after at their home studio.
I had none of my "regulars" around me today, but familiar faces nonetheless.  There were no new students, just a bunch of yogis with solid practices.   We all rocked it out.  Chatter was happy in the locker room afterwards, we all felt fantastic.  I did wind up kicking out both sets, both sides of standing head to knee, which I rarely do because it exhausts me and ruins my standing bow.  But I've decided I need to deal with the exhaustion, build up my endurance and start making some progress.   You know, take advantage of the fact that I'm in the middle of a challenge, and challenges always come with breakthroughs of some sort.   Feel pretty darn good today!  The yoga is working on me.  

6 comments:

  1. That's so funny---I've been thinking the exact same thing about the new teachers that just came back from training! I've had like three or four of them in the last few weeks, and I've been so impressed, too.

    The thing I love about new teachers is their timing. Usually, they have their watches out and are diligently checking to make sure we're getting our full 20 seconds of savasana and staying in the full length of an asana. It's lovely, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting news! We've just got a trainee back from Spring training, and her timing's spot on.

    Imagine, after all that baking and roasting and what not, they're all teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least we are not suffering extrememly long setups, which usually seems to be the case with newbies (and really sucks in triangle I must say). These teachers are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome teachers can make or break ANYTHING. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gahh, I am jealous. One of the new teachers at my studio I have had 3 times now, and while she is improving, she still has a ways to go . . . some poses way too short (and unfortunately, not Awkward II), some too long, no rhythm yet, and yes, super-long set-up in triangle! My legs were killing me for days after that one. I am being patient though and waiting for it to all come together for her. Keep reminding myself that nothing can steal my peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer~Oh the burning when they take forever to set up triangle! Eek! :) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete