Thursday, January 17, 2013

30 Day Challenge

I didn't think this would happen.  My life organized itself in a space not conducive to doing Bikram yoga for 90 minutes every single day.  In the back of my mind I had the desire to do a challenge.  I put the idea on the back burner, trusting that when the time was right, the universe would re-align my life in a manner fitting for a challenge. 
Today is day 1!  I will be doing 30 days of bikram with my boyfriend Jimmy.  He has done 6 or 7 classes and loves the moving meditation aspect of it.  He also got pissed looking at himself in the mirror, deciding his mid section looked like the mid section of a man his age (really, he is being hard on himself...he is tall and lean).  Ageing is not for the weak of heart, that's for sure.  At 42 years old, I am already discovering my body, face and hair changing in ways that are not, well, sexy to say the least.  A friend of mine is in the middle of a 30 day challenge and when I was relaying that to Jimmy he said "let's do it!" 
So here I go....bikramyogachick rises from the dust to do a much needed challenge.  I still went to my 5am body pump class at the gym before work today and we will still be hiking on Sundays.  Let's see just how far I can push this middle aged body!

No comments:

Post a Comment