Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 23- The first time ever

Today is day 23.  Two nights ago, in the owner of the studio's class I had a major breakthrough in my practice.  Standing head to knee is something I have never been able to master.  It took me two years just to kick out.  Once kicked out, it took even longer to be able to hold it.  Then working on getting the elbows down.  This april will be 6 years of practicing bikram.  You get the picture.  Let's just call standing head to knee the "six year posture" for me.  Lately I've been able to get my elbows down and slowly lower my forehead down to my knee......and then fall out sideways right away!  It's been frustrating but I just keep trying and trying.  Well, two nights ago that all changed.  Not only did I stay put with my forehead on the knee, kicking out solid, breathing, but I stayed there until he said "change" and then I came out slowly, the opposite way I came in.
I couldn't help it, I stood there with a giant grin on my face, dizzy and intoxicated with excitement.  I felt like I had just got off an awesome rollercoaster at an amusement park.  I was flying high!
The next night I was back to falling out sideways.  It doesn't matter, I know that I can do it so I will keep trying again!

No comments:

Post a Comment