Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 10: Ran out of Gas....

Today was 6pm with Michael.  I was feeling kinda "blah" walking in the door and tried to keep an open mind about class.  No expectations either way.  I pretty much got my butt kicked right off the bat.  I tried to focus on breathing and just keep up but I was exhausted by triangle.  Interestingly enough, I didn't take a knee.  I was so tired that I felt like it would be more effort to kneel down and get back up rather than just "hang out" in the posture w/out pushing to my edge.  By the time we got to the floor I could feel my energy waning.  Usually that halftime 2 min savasana is my gas station.  I get more energy laying there and can usually recover from a tough standing series.   Not tonight.  There was no gas to be had from the station and the needle dropped below E by the time I was on the second to last posture.  Like a wind up doll on it's last leg I could barely execute the final few postures.  When it was over I was extremely grateful that I made it.  I dug deep and finished.  What a great feeling!

2 comments:

  1. I am on day 7 of my challenge- I love this post! Amazing you have the ENERGY to type this blog after you complete class! Class today for me was like the class you described above. I laughed out loud when you said you were too tired to even hit your knees in triangle- THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I FELT. And I was near tears after the standing series. Thank you for motivating me to keep going! :) I hope the joy and seeing yourself in your own eyes each day and celebrating that continues to envelop you throughout the rest of your challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren~ So glad somebody can relate! Check back in and let me know how you are doing please!

    ReplyDelete