Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 15: An old friend

Tonight was 6pm with Marie.  Class was hot, humid, hard....typical Marie.  I like to refer to her as "Satan in a Sunday Hat".  Because she's little and cute and has this really sweet voice.....then she kills you in that room....all the while still sounding cute.  You have to work for it in her class.  I was such a mess that I actually fell backward in triangle and ended up sitting on my butt in shock.  I got up and got back in, but falling backward out of triangle, that was a first for me!
When I first started this blog I used to write about my friend Reggi.  Her and I were there everyday at 5:30.  There was a core group of us that I referred to as "the regulars" and we had alot of fun.  When I left that studio (it became a non bikram studio, offering other hot yoga and hot pilates now too), Reggi stayed behind.  Tonight she showed up at Bikram Westside and bought a 3 month pass!  She's going to go back and forth between the two studios for awhile.  Oh boy was I excited!  Her and I have alot of catching up to do.  And it was awesome to practice next to her again, even while getting killed!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about the yoga teachers being so precious but working you out until you're absolutely exhausted! Their voices are all so calm and when your legs are shaking you want to hate them.

    I've been reading your blog about the 60-day challenge, and it's something I really want to do. I like reading about your experiences and I agree that when you have a friend working out with you it's so much easier. Sometimes it's hard to make yourself go into a hot room knowing you're going to sweat for an hour and a half. Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete