Monday, August 29, 2011

I had to leave.....

Last night was 5pm with Jason.  I arrived with a feeling of doom and gloom hanging over my head.  It was blazing hot and more humid than normal.  The day before was the same and I powered through class no problem, but Sunday, well it felt different.  I was hopped up on caffeine, had eaten only one bowl of cereal, ingested water but not enough and had sat outside in the blazing heat for 40 mins talking with a friend before heading to yoga.  A recipe for disaster. 
Of course, like a self fulfilling prophecy, I fell apart.  I hit my knees during standing bow (that's pretty bad, I don't normally have problems that soon) and all in all I sat out maybe 40 percent of the entire class.  I just couldn't keep it together.  I even.............LEFT THE ROOM during 2 min savasana to go fill up my water.
Shame on me!
I have been practicing since April 1st, 2007 and can count on ONE HAND the number of times I have left the room.
Tsk tsk!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. In my practice, we are often told there is no place for judgement. Come back and start where we left without a damaged ego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Hailey William
    haileyxhailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to start the yoga then start from yoga Basics and then increase the level slowly.

    ReplyDelete