Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 18: Breakthrough

The past few classes have been rough.  The thing that has been blocking me from yoga surfaced last weekend and robbed me of two classes.  So I have two missed classes to make up already.  I panicked, wanted to throw in the towel and felt so frustrated.  But I didn't.  I just went back the very next day and kept going back.  I got my butt kicked in that room everyday this past week since last Sunday (I missed last Fri and Sat).  I just kept going, kept my focus and decided to do my best even if it meant lying flat on my back the last 20 mins (last Mon in John Sal's class!).
The payoff was tonight.  Tonight was 6pm with Sharon.  The room temp was perfect.  The amount of yogi's and their focus was perfect.  Sharon was spot on with her timing and encouragements.  I melted into the class.  Melted into the mirror, into my own eyes, into my sweaty limbs, into my breath that finally was not ragged and uncatchable.  It was one of those classes that truly is a 90 min beautiful moving meditation.
I feel like I just got a massage.
Aaaaaahhhhhhhh

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got back on the horse! Coming back after a couple of days off can be hard, but I bet it feels good that you did it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way - always back to the yoga. Remember it's your own journey and the block will continue to surface if you let it get the better of you. By coming back and going every day since, you ARE overcoming it and completing the challenge. (Just like class all challenges are different, even when they come in the same "clothes").

    ReplyDelete