Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 9: Disconnect

Tonight was 6pm with Dray.  It was one of those classes where you all of the sudden go "wait, what, we are in half moon already?  Did I do both sets of pranayama breathing with everybody??"  I just wasn't fully present.  I kept yanking myself back into the room during standing series but floor series my mind checked out again.  I made it through the class, I don't think I did anything weird (gosh I hope not!) and felt good when it was over.  Laying in final savasana I could hear the wind whipping around outside.  As I was leaving it almost blew me down the stairs.  "Power" I thought to myself.  Most of the time Las Vegas weather is pretty innocuous.  It makes me miss the fierce east coast weather of my childhood.  Thunder storms, wind, snow, ice.....you can feel natures power.  Here in the desert, it's easy to forget.  The wind pushed me along to my car and just like that I was fully present again, the disconnect was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment