Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 8- Strength and Determination

Today is day 8.  With 7 classes under my belt, I'm amazed at how much progress I've already made in this challenge.  My strength is through the roof.  I'm three months short of practing Bikram for 6 years and I am just now getting into the full expression of standing head to knee consistently.  I fall out pretty quick and I can only get the forehead contact to the knee on one side, but I can do it.  So far, I have done every posture in all 7 classes.  No sitting out, no drama, no taking a knee.  Just quiet determination, strength, truly a 90 minute moving meditation.  It's beautiful.  I've been down this road before though.  I know that the yoga bus is probably lurking around the corner, ready to run me over, back up and throw a cigarette butt out the window on my tired ass.  So I will enjoy this quiet strength and appreciate the amazing things my body can do.  Amazing for me, because I know where I started.  I could not even pick up my foot to do the first part of standing head to knee 6 years ago.
My boyfriend is doing really well.  He does every single posture and is making that leaps and bounds type of progress which is typical when you are new.  He feels great and is really having fun with the challenge.  He does still say "I hate you" after every class, but 30 mins later, he is on top of the world.  I just smile at him, as I know exactly what he's talking about.  Of course, he's not doing Tues and Thurs 5am body pump ON TOP of bikram every day like I am.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment