Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pass me a cigarette....and I don't smoke!

I miss my yoga friend Reggi. Her and I used to really live it up back in the old days. If you've been following me for any length of time, you are familiar with the day we could not stop laughing, us making an R and M sandwich with "looks-like-an-underwear-model " Christian, and our constant "pass me a cigarette" reference for hot yogi's and yoga instructors (think: old movies where they smoke after satisfying sex).  Last night I went to the 6pm class with Frank for day 3 on my journey back home to Bikram yoga.  I sat in the lobby chatting with the new group of regulars before class.  It's nice to see old friends and start to get to know the new batch as well.  Class with Frank was divine.  I still had the same issues (fixed firm, triangle, camel) but I didn't care.  I just did the best I could.  Frank was very sweet and told me after class that I'm still strong.  Love him so much.  He has been a huge part of my journey these past few years.  He always encourages and compliments me and he looks great in his yoga shorts.  I lay there in savasana after class thinking "pass me a cigarette" in Reggi's voice. Can't wait for round 4 tonight with Dray.  I'm going to the 8pm with two of my old yoga friends, Mark and Carmen.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.  Also, my baby girl turns 16 today!  We have all sorts of plans for this weekend.  Shopping, shopping, shopping!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're back on your mat.

    About the pain you wrote about yesterday, I think it can be worse when you have practiced a while and had a break than in the beginning. Now you know how to do the postures and do them more right than in the beginning and that increases the pain.

    You have a great class tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the enthusiasm you bring to your yoga practice, Michelle. It positively pops off the page. I think you are the only yogi I know who relishes in the divine pain of coming back to the hot room! :)

    Happy weekend! And happy 16th to your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I sat in the lobby chatting with the new group of regulars before class. It's nice to see old friends and start to get to know the new batch as well." sounds exactly like me, I enjoy taking a break and then coming back to that appreciation of the people and the environment of this yoga. Instructors named Frank seem to be a inspiration for most of us in the yoga journey. Sounds like you had a great night.

    ReplyDelete