Saturday, May 24, 2008

Run screaming from the room...

That's what I wanted to do today in class.  But I didn't.  Run screaming from the room, throw up, die, all of these were options today.  I honestly don't know how I was able to stay in the class the whole 90 minutes.  I was an absolute wreck.  I went to yoga three out of the last seven days.  For me, that is just ridiculously lazy.  I normally go at least 5 days a week.  Oh did I pay for that laziness today!  The room was about 110 and 40 percent humidity.  It felt like the heat and humidity were sucking the strength right out of me.  I was dizzy after triangle and kind of swaying as I was standing on my feet between sets.  I was nauseous during the whole floor series and I had to sit out one set of rabbit because I was just done at that point.  It occurred to me, as I was going through the hell and torment, that the struggle of that class is really indicative of my life right now.  I have been struggling with some personal things lately.  Issues with my teenage daughter, feeling depressed post breakup and some other things that I don't feel like advertising on the Internet.  Suffice it to say that the last two months have been very difficult for me.  So as I was laying in final savasana I thought to myself: good, I'm glad I had a tough class.  Life is a little tough right now.  I need to go to yoga everyday and fight and struggle in that room and it will get better.  And when it gets better in the room, it will get better outside the room too.  This I know, because I've experienced it before during my 60 day challenge.
This yoga really works.  If you've never tried it, you're missing out on something that has the potential to be life changing if you let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment