Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm glad you're gone. Done come back, ever again

I had a visit from somebody that I'd rather not see or talk to anymore. She's grumpy. Tired all of the time. Eats like crap. Is overweight and doesn't do anything about it, just lets it rule her and make her unhappy. She's quiet. In fact, her staff members kept asking her what was wrong today and even called her a debbie downer. She's not that fun to be around. There is an unhealthy glow to this woman.
I know what you are thinking. "Geez Michelle, you are being awfully harsh!". Don't worry. She deserves these harsh words. I've worked very hard the past two and a half years to avoid the heck out of this person. Despite all of my efforts, she surfaced over the weekend. All it took was missing yoga for five days straight. The first two days, no sign of her. I was living off the interest as Bikram likes to say. Days 3 to 5, no such luck. A steady decline until I woke up today, looked in the mirror and saw her.....pre-Bikram Michelle. Like I said, I try to avoid her. What started off as "taking a day or two off before my 101 day challenge" turned into "I really don't feel like going to yoga today". How easy that mentality seeped in, like a very dangerous poisonous snake!
I'm glad the 101 day challenge starts Jan 1st. I would like to make more deposits in my Bikram bank to ensure that I stay away from pre-Bikram Michelle!
I was scared to go to class tonight after my five day break. I went to my old studio and practiced with Reggi, Christian and Ray....my family. And just like family, they embraced me and carried me though what turned out to be a tough class.
Welcome back Bikramyogachick. I sure as heck have missed you the last few days. I like you much much better than old Michelle......

12 comments:

  1. glad you saw one of the reasons why a consistent practise, no matter the frequency, is the first step to a happy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The important thing IS that you start over again. We all have our luggage, especially if we have done a lot of other things in our lives before we start doing this yoga, as I imagen that you have done and I certanly have done so. But that is not important, important is that you came back to your mat, ok you had a tough class, and know that your next will be so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your challenge! I'm starting a 100 day yoga challenge Jan 1 too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my teachers relayed something Bikram said when asked how often one should practice yoga. He asked, "Well how often do you brush your teeth? How often do you go to the bathroom?" I've been asked many times by yogis and non-yogis alike how I can go every single day, and I more or less give them the same answer Bikram gave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~m- you of all people should know! :)
    AHappyYogi~ if I had a boyfriend he would've dragged me there himself, that's how cranky I was! I'm glad I did it!
    Anonymous~ Great! Check out our bikram101 website! Click on the orange badge, top right corner of my blog. Best of luck!
    Greg~ I didn't brush my teeth or go to the bathroom for five days! :)=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh BYC! Glad you made your way back. It really is easy to let one day off turn into a week! And it's true, I always find that if I take more than a day or two off from any workout I feel like a different person. Moving the body is a very good thing! Smile smile smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. traci~I figure by Friday, after going 5 days in a row (yes, I am going christmas morning after my daughter gets picked up by her dad) I will be smiling for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You shoud be big time proud over yourself that you did go back to your mat! Those are the best classes, maybe not practice-wise but best in anothter way.

    I could just see that guy dragging you by the hair in a stone-age fashion.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't taken any classes for the last 6 days ( not by choice). I am craving it sooo much but at the same time I am thinking it's going to be tough when I go back. But I can do it!!!

    The nice thing is that you went back and pretty soon you'll be starting the 101 challenge. Gosh, I wish I could do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well...you have a beautiful smile so be sure to find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aHappyYogi~ that is a very funny visual! I love it!
    cirita~read your blog! hang in there til you can find a hot room near you!
    traci~ now THAT made me smile.......xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe the old Michelle is like a ghost that comes back to get some type of confirmation. Maybe you can forgive her for not taking care of herself for so long, tell her that she is strong enough to come out of the rut, and let her go. Try reading Louise Hay or "Radical Forgiveness"

    ReplyDelete