Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 61: Blessings

Yesterday I went to 5:30 at the old studio with Roberta. I was extremely sore from my Baptiste/Bikram double the day before. Of course she didn't know this so she rode my butt hard and at the end of class I looked like a sad drowned rat. I was glad in a way because without her I would've totally babied my sore self and instead I pushed through it and the soreness was gone this morning.
Today I was going to go to 5pm up at Summerlin. Yoga BFF Mark texted me "7pm with Frank?" How can I say no to that? Frank + my Yoga BFF = heaven. So I stayed at work til about 5:40 taking advantage of the quiet and putting a nice dent in my pile before heading up to Summerlin. When I got there, in the locker room a lady asked me if I was Michelle from the 101 blog. I flushed with pleasure and said yes. I have a Summerlin audience (of at least 1!) **waves shyly**
Class was very busy, very humid and very high energy. Frank was "on" tonight telling jokes, really engaging the students and working the room. As I was surfing my breath and flowing in and out of postures, sweat pouring down my body like rain, I felt like I would burst with gratitude and love. Zeek's voice from Baptiste the other day flitted through my head. He likes to say some things, that may or may not be construed as positive then he will say in his soothing little voice "blessings....". I kept hearing that...."blessings" and images were weaving in and out of my consciousness.....grateful for my job, grateful for my family and friends, grateful for my health, grateful for the yoga community....grateful for so much and full of love for all of the people around me. Driving home I wondered if I was riding some sort of yoga high (I've done 11 yoga classes in 8 days) or if the Baptiste had some sort of affect on me.
The answer is not clear in my mind. More investigation is warranted. I'm thinking 4:30 Baptiste with Zeek again tomorrow and then 7:30 Bikram with Roberta all up at the old studio. I know, you are shaking your head at me, muttering under your breath something like "this chick is bat shit crazy right now!" What's the worst that can happen to me? I could get run over by the yoga truck and end up in savasana half the time in the second class. It's worth the risk!

9 comments:

  1. I say go and enjoy! I was hit by the yoga truck last night and did have to sit out half the class but life is still wonderful and I'm still trying to learn to be grateful for every minute of it!

    You're on a roll! Go baby go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was absolutely *not* thinking "this chick is bat shit crazy"! I was thinking that this all sounds so beautiful and inspiring. I especially loved "surfing my breath" - having grown up at/in the ocean, this is a really powerful image for me, one that I can't wait to use in my next practice. :)

    Enjoy the investigation. We look forward to reading your report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're both crazy Michelle! But it's a good and fun crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you liked the Baptiste yoga! Good for you for trying something new. The "drowned rat" image is just perfect :-) Yay for yoga highs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you are definetely crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is Baptiste yoga? Perhaps we don't have it up here in Canada. Could you please explain?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi db~ it's a heated power flow type of yoga: http://www.baronbaptiste.com/ you can find out more on their site. It's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I'M cool with the crazy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I felt like I would burst with gratitude and love." ...i love that! i've had that feeling too- pure yoga bliss!

    ReplyDelete