Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 13: I know why.....

I know why I was yawning the other night. I wasn't tired. It was anxiety. I figured it out today. I had a GREAT day. DMV first thing in the morning to renew my license, as my bday is Monday. I was in and out in under 2 hours, a Las Vegas record for sure. I got home, woke up my sleeping beauty daughter and took her to the awesome outdoor mall for a matinee of New Moon and some window shopping. We got home late afternoon and I dropped her off at a friends house. I happily packed my yoga bag and went to 530 with Roberta at the old studio.
The class was pretty busy. She joked around a bit because the room was only 97 due to a power flow class being held before us. She plugged in extra heaters, turned the big heater on, cranked up the humidifier and got us to 102 by eagle. I dig the crap out of her. She rocks. I started off remembering my promise to kick out both sets even if I dissolve into a sweaty pathetic puddle. I felt pretty strong and had a good class....except for one thing...I was yawning again. I kicked out both sets. Didn't hold it the whole time either set but did a darn valiant effort. Standing bow I was rockin it out solid. Triangle, I got a compliment from Roberta second set (I believe its due to the different flooring at Drays and building inner thigh strength). In spite of the good class, the yawns prevailed. Coming out of rabbit again....yawning. I paid close attention this time. I realized that I couldn't take a nice clean deep breath;. My chest was too tight. Like an elephant was on it. Oh crap. Anxiety. That is why I have been yawning. Stress, fear, anxiety. It makes sense. There are some huge things going on in my personal life. Some very awesome, some very stressful, some that could change my life completely as I know it if I chose to pursue the option further. All in the last few months. So yeah. I had a wonderful day with my daughter. But that damn elephant won't get off my freakin' chest. I need to be able to breathe...maybe tomorrow. I did feel better after yoga tonight. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. Um... I sure know THAT feeling. You should give me a call if you want a sympathetic/understanding ear. Be seeing you pretty soon anyway, so we'll talk then, but my ears are always here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Roberta break out the yardstick? Funniest thing I've ever seen a teacher do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg~ I have never had a teacher break out the yardstick. I would love that! Then maybe I would know if my foot placement is correct for the ones where they specify "three feet" or "four feet".

    ReplyDelete
  4. She used the yardstick on me during stretching to point out something about me feet. Very helpful actually.

    ReplyDelete