Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 24: Feeding off the Regulars

530 with Lacey.  The shoulder was ok today, no popping.  Yay!  For some reason I felt sluggish after having 3 pretty solid classes in a row this past weekend with Oksana.  First breathing exercise my mind was wandering around like a small child, belligerently dodging my efforts to reign it back in.  Half moon I felt tight and sore and it was painful to stay in the posture.  My labored breathing reflected the strained effort and I thought to myself "oh shit. one of these kinds of classes".  My eyes swept the yogis to the left and right of me.  Reggi to my left, George to my right, Pam next to him.  Karen was behind us, the caboose to our little train.  I took a deep breath and just tried to feed off their calm steady practices.  George is going to teacher training in October.  It's been awhile since I've practiced with him.  His quiet steady practice kept me moving through the standing series, even when I wanted to give up and sit down during triangle.  I just kept thinking to myself "you've got this. just stay in the posture, no sitting today".  
Sometimes you just can't make it on your own.  I needed my friends today, and they were there in full force.  

4 comments:

  1. This fits in nicely with MY theme of the day, which was BEATLES MUSIC! Oooooh, I get by with a little help from my friends... I get high with a little help from my friends... I'm gonna tryyyy with a little help from my friends...

    It works really well! I know that whenever I see someone who's struggling a little bit in class, I love sending them my energy cause it ends up giving ME more energy, too! (Planting the right seeds... aHA....!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO at this spammer - "hello i read your information from beginning to end and i think it is interesting information... oh BY THE WAY here's my website" - NICE TRY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, that cracked me up! gotta love spammers!

    ReplyDelete