Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 27: Fresh Blood

Today was 330 with Dominique. A friend of mine came in, a newbie, fresh blood! Actually he had been once before, back in February. So this was his second time ever and the first time was far enough back that he remembered it was hot, and difficult and the rest was a blur. He was sitting quietly on the bench when I walked in, awaiting his fate. I pointed him out to Dominique and she sat by him while I changed, telling him "the ropes". He did fantastic! He attempted every single posture to the best of his ability, leaving the room red faced and exhausted. He purchased a one week pass, so hopefully I'll see him back Friday night.
My practice was solid. Nothing special, nothing rockstar, just a nice solid practice. I feel pretty dang strong right now. I love that "halfway through a 60 day challenge I'm so strong I can't believe it" feeling. I still have some doubles hanging over my head to "catch up" with the rest of the studio. If I just do one double, than I can say I started Aug 5th and go straight through to 60, ending 5 days after everybody else. Or I can knock out 4 like I planned and keep the August 1st start date. To be honest, there are maybe 4 people, including me, on the board that look like they are shooting for 60. So I don't think it really matters which avenue I decide to take, as long as I make it to 60 classes in 60 days. I'm not bowling this fall, on purpose, because you know me, I'll contiunue on past 60. Knowing that was my desire, I opted out of the one night a week committment. I'd rather do yoga everyday. I obviously need my head checked!

2 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration, lady. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LiLu~ Ah, coming from you that is a great compliment! Your blog makes me smile, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete