Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 28: Bikram Addicts Anonymous

Hi everyone! Happy Friday. I'm going to 5:30 yoga with Oksana today (and I think my newbie is going to join me again). I'll be going out with some friends afterwards and won't have time to post, so I pulled this draft of my archives and decided it would be fun to publish it today. Enjoy my tongue in cheek humor, I'm sure you can all relate! Be back tomorrow!


Facilitator: Welcome, my name is Nancy, I'm a Bikram-a-holic!

Everyone: Welcome Nancy!

Nancy: Today we are going to talk about being addicted to Bikram yoga. Michelle, would you like to start?

Michelle: Hi, I'm Michelle, I'm a Bikram-a-holic.

Everyone: Hi Michelle.

Michelle: Well, (looks down in shame), this is embarrassing but I'm on my 4th 60 day challenge in 2 and 1/2 years.

Everyone: (nods of encouragement)

Michelle: What's worse is I think I'll do more. Maybe 3 or 4 a year. And I want to try for 101 days again. I did 99 out of 101 days. (more hanging of head)

Nancy: It's Ok Michelle, we all suffer with this demon. You just need to take it one day at a time and remember it's hard to fight this

Michelle: I even go to the grocery store after yoga sometimes. With wet sweaty hair, in an after yoga sundress and flip flops, no makeup on!

Everyone: (gasps of horror!!)

Michelle: ....and I dream of going to Bikram teacher training someday, even of owning my own studio (looks up carefully)

Everyone: (more gasps of horror, and a couple of exclamations of expletives)

Nancy: You're going to be OK (look of pity...pats Michelle on the arm). Keep coming back Michelle....keep coming back....

4 comments:

  1. All you need are 500 Camels to pull you through... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mei~ Me, you and J: A Camel-off. Bring it! LOL.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post class grocery store trips! Gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen~ I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that! I'm sure the other shoppers are wondering about the soaking wet hair as I cruise around in my post yoga haze. :)

    ReplyDelete