Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 34: From almost pass out to strong as an ox

Today was 4:30 with King. It was in the small room which hadn't been used since before lunch. So the heater was not on. When he came in, it wasn't even 100 yet. He turned the heater on and began class. It took me awhile to work up a sweat. My first backbend was ok, so I figured I'd go for it the second back bend. I got so dizzy I literally started to fall over, had to catch myself and stood up, looking at the front mirror, watching gray spots swirl around. Oh shit I thought. This is going to be a suck ass class. Ok, oh well, what do you do. And on I went.....to have one of my best classes! Not only did I kick out both sets, both sides of standing head to knee, but I held it on the left side, first set, the full minute, coming out gracefully when he said "change". I about pissed my yoga shorts I was so shocked! That was the first time I have ever done that. I continued to have strong postures the rest of class and felt terrific. The room of course never heated up to the level of getting "ro-brutalized" or "connie-balized" but it was sufficiently warm for us to bend, stretch and pull. It was very pleasant!
Yes I am writing this at 2:30 am. Insomnia, dates, busy life equals Michelle at her computer at odd times. At least I don't have to work tomorrow! I have a NICE four day weekend ahead of me. Good stuff!

3 comments:

  1. I am of the opinion that a good backbend really sets the tone for the rest of class! :)

    Hah, insomnia? Welcome to the club, I seem to be annoying everyone in the house with my night owl dealings :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am of the opinion that a good backbend really sets the tone for the rest of class! :)"

    Was this, like, the theme of the day yesterday or something?? Haha. Michelle, did you read my post about my class last night? There was DEFINITELY something in the air. My "force field" theory is gaining evidence. :) Enjoy your 4 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mei and J~ Wonder triplet powers activate, form of "superyoginis!"
    lets rock it out today!!!

    ReplyDelete