Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 51: Back to Bikram

Today was 130 with Roberta. I stood at attention when she walked in and flipped the bright lights on, ready to go with Bikram again! Usually I have a rough time in Robertas class, but today I felt solid, strong, flexible. I am very sore. Moksha woke up some different muscles and has me intrigued. My pectorals, upper abdomen, shoulders and triceps woke up with complaints this morning. I lay in bed, with my cat meowing hi, the morning sun trying to come in the blinds, stretching like a lithe cat, feeling each muscle. It was a great feeling. So although I am "in love" with Bikram, I'm for sure going to have some Moksha on the side. What an awesome feeling to have some soreness in different places! It made me feel so ....alive!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, this is why I loved mixing up Baptiste and Bikram. Different muscles used in different ways = pure physical goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or mixing up beginning series and advanced series... WHOOOOOOOO... now that'll wake up all the muscles you didn't know you had! (This is actually a good argument for more availability of the advanced series - it lets you "mix it up" without leaving the Bikram family.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to be invited to Advanced! Someday maybe! :)=

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's super pricey and time consuming but... they ARE doing an open advanced seminar in your town in a few months... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. J~ are we allowed to go even if we've never done advanced and probably can't do 3/4 of the postures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, the last one was totally open ("beginners welcome") and I imagine this one will be the same. There were quite a number of people there, both students and teachers, who had never been exposed to advanced before. They all did their best, learned a TON, and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete