Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 14: Irritable

Yup.  That was me today.  Cranky cranky.  I didn't start out that way, and I certainly won't blame it on the uncharacteristically cloudy Vegas skies.  I love the clouds, it's a nice change from the eternal sunshine of the desert.  Really, it's most likely just female stuff and I hate that, because I'm pretty mellow and unphazed by all of that normally.  My daughter and I were running errands and she pointed out that I was a bit irritable so I apologized and told her I was really hungry (I was!  I've been starving the last two days between meals!).  She said she was hungry too and after that I mellowed out.  
I ended up dragging my cranky butt to the 3:30 class with young Mark Frye today.  I love the way he teaches, because for some reason, the class goes by fast for me.  I don't know if it's his timing, the inflection of his voice, I have no idea, but for some reason I stay out of my mind a bit better and am able to meditate and focus more.  Today there were SEVEN brand new people in his class.  There was one lady in the back that under normal circumstances would've given me a chuckle.  Instead, she was annoying the crap out of me.  She obviously didn't know about the no talking rule and kept shouting out questions at Mark during half moon.  He didn't answer and didn't skip a beat with his dialog.  She continued to comment and talk all the way through eagle.  By then I had taken note of my annoyance and given myself a little "calling out on the carpet".  I scolded myself for being annoyed, decided this was my personal challenge for the day, can I meditate and focus and balance and be strong even with chatty cathy two rows behind me?  Once I did that, I was able to focus and had an incredibly strong practice.  I'm sure she eventually stopped talking, but when I couldn't tell you, because I was so focused that I tuned her out.  
So I'm back home, showered, relaxed and with a brand new attitude female woes and all.  This yoga works on so many levels! 

1 comment:

  1. That is funny Mich! I love the blog you created! Keep up the good works!

    Reggi~
    Your yoga warrior buddy

    ReplyDelete