Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 21: And I asked for it!

Today I went to the 130 class with Frank.  On purpose.  I wanted to take his class because it's been awhile and of course, he is one of my favorite teachers (he's everybodys favorite).  First set of half moon, he took FOREVER just doing the setup.  I'm standing there with my arms above my head and I'm thinking "holy shit, when is he going to tell us to bend to the right!"  Then he kept us in both sides for what felt like forever (in reality, it was probably just truly the one minute each side like it should be but some teachers get us out a bit early). By the time we got to the first backbend I could not lock out my elbows and hold my arms totally straight.  I was dying and thinking, geez, I asked for this, I sought out his class today!!!
Once I made it through his very painful half moon postures I was ok.  I nailed an awesome standing bow for almost a minute and made great strides in standing head to knee.  I was really kicking out my heel toward the mirror on the right side and got my elbows down far enough to start bringing my head down toward the knee, all the while standing there on a solid locked leg and not falling out to the side like normal.  It felt good!  
I was contemplating doing a double today but I was wiped out after Franks class.  Tomorrow I have to do one to make up last Wednesday but I really think I will split them up...do an am class and go back later in the afternoon.  I'm starting to feel some soreness in my arms, shoulders, lower back, hamstrings and legs.  Ugh.  I must confess, I'm not looking forward to my double, but need to get it out of the way so I can push forward.  All told, I feel pretty good still.  The soreness is not bad at all.  Body's holding up pretty darn good 1/3 of the way through!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment