Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 33: A TON of new people

Today was 5:30 with Patty.  Haven't had her very much.  Some of her setups were a little long, which caused me to be impatient, leading me to realize I was just way too much in my head the whole practice.  I was holding on so tightly today to my emotions, keeping them in check, not letting them control me that once I got into the room, I could not relinquish any of that control  I could not relax, meditate and throw my issues onto the mat like usual.  In spite of my tightly wound self, I had a fairly strong practice.  That's really all I can ask for at this point.  I almost held standing bow on one side for the full minute again.  I fell about 5 seconds short.  The scale is also starting to move again in the downward direction and I feel pretty lean.  It's so interesting, because I normally do yoga 5 times a week, but doing it every day really makes a huge difference.  Mentally, physically, emotionally, it is truly a very different experience....a journey really.  
Now to the title of my post.  A hiking club came in tonight.  They were expecting 20 brand new people, all members of this club.  I'd say about 15 showed up.   That's alot of new people!  Which also explains Patty's long setups....she was really trying to help them out.  She did a fantastic job.  Even demonstrating some things herself, which the teachers don't really do, they usually just stand up there and do their dialog.  But she saw that she had 15 expectant faces staring at her so she did some of the postures with us as she was reciting the dialog.  All in all the newbies did pretty well.  We only had 3 walk out.  That's not bad.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment