Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 41: Disappear

So when I disappear for two days, I'm either too busy to blog, or too busy sabotaging myself. I tend to do that...sabotage myself and that's exactly what happened. So I can either get upset and throw in the towel (because now I will not make 60 classes in 60 days, I have too many to make up- 5!) or I can pick myself up off the muddy floor and try, try again.
I'm not surprised this happened, I am on the third week of Jenny Craig, and normally some internal trigger goes off after two weeks.....some sort of crazy alarm bells....and I crash and burn with my eating (and workout) plan. It doesn't take an expert to figure out that I've been holding onto this extra "padding" for over 10 years for a reason. So there is some part of me that panics whenever I take steps to release the padding.
So tonight I will be going to 5pm class and then picking up my daughter. I will not look back, I will not be angry at myself. Instead, I will forgive that *scared* part of me, be gentle with it, try to understand it and continue forward to my goals. In the past, I would be angry at myself, mentally flog myself for days and then throw in the towel and continue to make things worse.
Tomorrow I will let you know how the 5pm goes tonight and fill you in on tomorrows class. I'm not going to worry about "doubles" and catching up right now. I'm just going to worry about continuing to make it there every day.

2 comments:

  1. DON'T

    GIVE

    UP!

    EVER!

    You can do anything you set your mind to do. I believe in you. You just have to believe in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIchelle I sent you an email prior to reading your blog! Think it still applies, so read it! Glad to see your are learning more about yourself everyday...trust in yourself, you've got power!

    ReplyDelete