Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 56: Frank, Frank and Ash's first double....

I'm so tired I can hardly blog.  It hurts to type.  Ok, not really, but I am so wiped out, its crazy.
Today was a double for the second day in a row.  I did the 3:30 and the 5:30, both with Frank.  When I saw him on the schedule for those times, I did indeed plan it out that way on purpose.  I've only done two other back to back doubles and they were both "frank, frank", so I figure don't fix it if it ain't broken!  Ashley was over at her dads today, but he wasn't feeling all that well, so she called me bored out of her mind and asked if I would go pick her up and bring her to yoga with me.  I said "you know I'm doing a double right?".  To my surprise she said yes and I'll do it with you.  So Ashley had her first double today.  During her first class she did something to her neck in rabbit.  Frank was really nice and did some backbends with her after class, he said it would help.  She was a trooper and stayed in the room for both classes, but she did have to sit out quite a few postures for the second class.  She said she was just tired out.  
Me, well, I held up just ok.  The first class was solid, but the second class was very challenging both mentally and physically.  During half moon in the second class my inner dialog was something like this "oh my god, i'm not going to be able to do the second set, and i'm not even in the posture all of the way because i can barely hold my arms over my head...holy shit, i think my arms are going to fall off...and how the hell am i going to be able to keep them up and do the back bend...oh shit, ouch, oh shit." and blah blah blah.  After making it through half moon, things calmed down a bit and I just got into a flow.  I was tired but I just focused on breathing.  By the time I hit the deck for the floor series, I was seriously hanging on by a thread.  I'm not sure if it was my body giving up on me, or my mind.  I think maybe it was more mental than physical.  I think my body is capable of far more than I think it is, and perhaps I get in my own way.  I'm scared to death about tomorrows double.  I have all sorts of negative self talk going on tonight.  "I'm exhausted, I don't think I can do it tomorrow.  I'm not going to make it through that second class".   So I will get a good nights sleep tonight, go weigh in at Jenny Craig tomorrow, do my shopping for the week and get nice and hydrated and then do the 3:30/5:30 back to back combo tomorrow.  I will do my best to clear my mind when I go in there and try to just breathe, have no expectations and let my body do what it will.
Almost there....

No comments:

Post a Comment