Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 61: Just feels like home....

Tonight was 5:30 with Dray.  As usual, the class was absolutely packed out.  He is amazing.  Anybody reading that is an out of towner, you have to do a Dray class if you ever visit Las Vegas.  Take your class when you first get here, before the partying starts.  ;)
Standing there, waiting for pranayama breathing to start, I felt so happy.  I felt like I was home.
Ashley came with me again, but had a rough time.  She had to run out and get her inhaler.  She said it was just too humid, the air too heavy and she felt like she couldn't breathe.  She stayed in the room the entire time though.  What a trooper.  Speaking of troopers, there was an adorable little 9 year old girl in there for her third time.  She was in the back and also stayed in the room the whole time.  She was on the other side of the room, so I didn't see her practice, but during the floor series, doing situps and such, I noticed she was right there with us.  
Body notes:  sore, sore, sore.  I felt very sore.   The back of my butt, on both sides, and down the back of my legs, my calves, and my lower back.  All very sore.  During standing head to knee, I kicked out on the left side, second set.  I was actually able to hold it today for 10 or 15 seconds, but then my lower back started to hurt and I fell out.  I realized that while trying to make sure my standing leg was still locked, and that my grip was good with thumbs underneath, and that my kicking leg was kicking the heel toward the mirror and flexing and pulling the foot back with my hands, oh, and trying to figure out what a locked out kicking leg feels like.....I forgot to keep my stomach sucked in!  Hence the back pain.  The funny part of that is I've been standing on a solid locked leg for quite some time now, but would not kick out because I knew I didn't have the stomach sucked in part nailed down.  Sheesh!  Its hard!  But I'm excited about it because I'm working on something new, and I think I understand the mechanics of how the form is supposed to be.  So I will get there.  Someday.  

I love this yoga.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment