Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 31: Payin' it forward

Tonight was 5pm with Dray.  I walked into the locker room only to be greeted by none other than Shelley.  I was a little confused because she said "I've been waiting for you!" as she was getting her yoga clothes on, but at the same time she was already soaked to the bone.  That was cleared up quickly by her informing me she was doing a double and was between classes.  I said "cool! I'll go set up by you!" and scurried off to put my mat down by hers.  She was there for me on Saturday for my double (second class), so I was thrilled to be there for hers today!
The class was humid but not hot again (maybe its just me?) and I had a decent practice.  I was sending  good energy vibes in Shelley's direction and tried to catch her eye a couple of times to smile at her.  She was pretty much in her zone though and rocked out her double.  She's amazing!  If you'd like to read her story, visit our studio website here:  Student of the week- Shelley.
Speaking of being in a zone, I had one of those practices where I just kind of spaced out. I had a song stuck in my head, its off Coldplay's new album and its called Lost!.  It was playing over and over in my head and before I knew it, Drays voice sounded kind of far off and the class just flew by.  I have no idea how I did in any of the postures.  It was really strange.  At least I did the postures I was supposed to do.  A few months back I had the same thing happen to me and for some strange reason, I flipped over to set up for cobra and Dray (of course it had to be Dray!) got quiet so I looked up to see why he wasn't doing the dialog for cobra and the entire class was sitting on their knees, ready for half tortoise staring at me.  I quickly got up and Dray started laughing and so did I.  I couldn't help it, it was just too damn funny.  Guess I liked the spine strengthening series so much I wanted to do it again!  I'm sure he still remembers that story.  Its one for the books.  
Michelle A, if you are reading this, Shelley and I miss you and we will all have to meet up at your new studio and take a class with you!  I would love to see how the green valley studio turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michelle! Thanks for visiting my blog! I know of the TT blog you speak of, I've read it many times. I'll be reading your blog along the way. Interestingly enough, I had thought of doing 90 myself. Whaddya say?? Think we can do it??

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete