Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 60: Made it!

Ash came with me again.  So here we are before class. We went to 5:30 and had Mark.  Tonight was my first Mark class.  I really enjoyed it.  He had good dialog, a nice flow, and he keeps the room from smoking you out.  He just got back from teacher training this spring.  For anybody reading this blog who went to teacher training, he was the guy who hurt his knee right before training.  He had a knee brace on the first few weeks.  Then, halfway into the training, Bikram gets rid of Marks brace and he's standing on Marks knees in fixed firm.  We've got the picture on our studio bulletin board.  I talked to Mark for a few minutes after class and told him he did a great job and thanked him.  Nice guy.
Even though today was day 60, I don't feel "done" by any means.  I'm going to keep going everyday for as long as I possibly can.   I will keep blogging also, just because I love the accountability it provides me.  I turned in my pledges today for the Yogi's Unite effort to raise money for George.  My friends sponsored me during this challenge to the tune of $180 dollars and it felt great to turn it in.

Here is me in front of the "challenge board" where I circled each day that I came to class:


As you can see, I'm far from the slim yoga body I desire, but I love the body I do have for "showing up" for me during this challenge.  So I will continue to treat it nice with more yoga and my 1500 calorie a day Jenny plan and someday I'll be where I want to be.  In the meantime, I'm happy, proud and feeling accomplished today.

2 comments:

  1. you look awesome mamma! don't ever give up and congratulations on your 60! remember how much your body can do for you and NEVER EVER EVER disdain what you have inside of you.

    Much Love
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm sure you'll meet whatever goals you set for yourself - especially now that you have the strength and experience of two challenges to draw from.

    ReplyDelete