Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 73: A day off, it does the body good

My decision to take yesterday off was smart.  Today was 430 with Darla.  I discussed my knee issue with her before class, just in case.  I really didn't know what was going to happen.  I even went to second row, in case I needed to take care of myself and take a knee.  I took it easy, being mindful, breathing, trying to just flow and not push.  I felt fine.  The knee is still sore and I had to work around it a little, but doing yoga today helped it not hurt it.  Having yesterday off made all the difference.  I went from tears two days ago, face contorted in agony, to just having to baby it a little bit today.  Phew.  Let's hope, going forward, that it will just keep getting stronger and better and not backslide.  I will continue to be mindful and listen to my body.  God it felt good to be back in that room today.  I missed it.
I also just want to take a moment to say thank you for all of the encouraging comments, especially the three on yesterday's post.  The Bikram yoga community rocks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment