Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 84: Depleted

Today was 130 with Frank.  I was an absolute trainwreck.  Frank came over to me during 2 min savasana to ask what was wrong.  It was that bad.  In fact, the class was similar to my second class yesterday.  The only way I can describe what I went through is just to say I feel completely and utterly depleted right now.  Like my body literally does not have the resources it needs.  I left the studio wiped out and craving pasta.  Huh?  Ok, maybe my body is trying to tell me something.  So I went to sunflower market and bought some fresh veggies, pasta sauce and whole wheat capellini.  I'm going to listen to my body and see if that helps.  Water, electrolytes, good food choices, that's probably all I need to focus on to get myself back to normal.  At first I was frustrated with myself during that mess of a practice today, but then i just stopped and sort of scolded myself.  I mean really, when in my life have I ever done 84 days in a row of any kind of exercise?  Never!  Of course my body is going to have good days and bad days.  It's not used to doing anything like this.   I can't believe I have less than 20 days left.  I actually will really miss doing this challenge, writing this blog and having contact with all of the nice bikram yoga students leaving encouraging comments.  Thank you, all of you.  You don't know this but you help keep me going.  

8 comments:

  1. Do you think people are reading because you are doing a challenge? If you like writing the blog, why not keep it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good sources of electrolytes:

    Coconut water (you probably know this)
    potato (excellent source of potassium)
    sea weed
    sea salt + lemon + honey
    kombucha
    I take seaweed and aloe in this product called Body Balance (Lifeforce.net) I am sure someone sells it at your studio...
    Emergen-C's are not the greatest they have a lot of fructose from genetically modified corn, but sometimes I take them if I am in an *emergency*. Also I'd lay off the Vitamin Water cos it has a lot of sugar too which will deplete.

    Hang in there, you're doing awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good girl, eating what you crave. :) That's really the only thing to do!!

    And ditto what Duffy said, there's no need to stop writing (or practicing!! hehe) once you reach some arbitrary deadline. The challenge is AWESOME and inspiring and I'm sure part of you will be very relieved when it's done, but if you're enjoying what you're doing, then keep going! Maybe you can just go SIX days a week and not have to punish yourself with make-up classes after you get to the end of your challenge... ;-)

    And of course you are right on: there are great days and terrible days and everything in between, and in the long run, THAT DOESN'T MATTER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duffy~ I certainly have toyed with continuing the blog. It keeps me accountable and reading all of the other blogs I have found has really been something that has enriched my life. I am so in love with this yoga and I can tell you guys are too!
    Maggie~ Some of those I knew and some I did not. Thanks for taking the time to write it out for me, because even when not doing a challenge, I practice 5 to 6 times a week and struggle with the never ending dance of balancing the electrolytes!
    dancingj~ Your blog rocks. Thanks so much for your comments and encouragements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!
    This is Andy from Boston - checking back in..
    still going strong on my 60 day.
    Okay - I had one mental hissy fit, drove down to the studio, parked, and said, you know what, fuck this i am not doing fuckin yoga today! and i didnt.

    but other than that one little bout of stuborness (which I am doing a double on Wed. to make up for), I have done yoga for ... 46 days and going!

    Thanks again for inspiring me to do this in the first place. I have come so far in terms of determination and mental calmness in the past 7 weeks. I feel like some serious breakthrus are about to happen this week.

    and to you I say, Way to go and keep it up!
    stepping it up to a 100 day challenge is awesome!
    I actually have a baby due in 2 weeks (timed for just about day 60), so I cant do the 100 this time but you give me something to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy~ good to hear from you...congrats on the little one. The mental hissy fits come and go, way to push through! Thanks for stopping by to encourage me. I feel great today, have replenished myself and no longer feel depleted, so here's hopin' for a blog entry tonight that says I rocked the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Michelle,

    I'm with Duffy... Keep it up. And we (your fellow yogi/ni) are always around for encouragement and support even when your challenge is over. Because every day is a new challenge for new reasons.

    You're in the home stretch. Thanks for sharing your journey thus far!

    -C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you can write about other things to if you're burned from writing about Bikram! :)
    I have enjoyed checking in over your challenge and will continue to do so!

    ReplyDelete