Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Guest Post from Reggi: Two Days Off And Paying For It...

Reggi speaks....Enjoy!


As I drive to 530 pm Class, I realize I have a hundred emails to write for work. Nevertheless, I must get to class no matter what. I took two days off for a hot date and for networking. Hey, a girl has to further her career right? And for the hot date...well, what can I say, he was adorable! I am a sucker for a charming guy! Now, back to yoga class, and I see my favorite partner in crime...Mich (AKA Bikram Yoga Chick) in the parking lot to the studio. Her and I have our social half hour filling each other in of our day. Mich says, "The system at work was down for about 3 hours. What a day! I have a lot on my mind and I need yoga to straighten my ass out!" Now this is our usual talk amongst each other, which is such a delight and a breath of fresh air after the chaos of a busy day. We both get dressed in the locker room, and I realize I gained about 6 pounds in two days! WTF?! Now, I am a healthy eater and I usually average 6 days a week of Bikram. Is it Hormones? What is this world coming to? My yoga pants were tight and my gut was hanging over the band. Ouch! I am horrified! So I just give Mich the look that I am disgusted with myself and she dismisses my reaction and tells me to go out to the lobby so we can chat more.

So we run into our instructor Ms. Darla. She is a great woman who doesn't let anything bother her. Laid back but very direct. She doesn't take any crap from anyone. I love it! The usual regulars and eye candy guys were MIA tonight so it was was pretty mellow for the most part. As Mich and I get our front row spots and class begins, I knew I was in a little trouble because I was feeling fat, stiff and unbalanced. What is going on here? After doubles over the weekend and regular practice, I felt like I was in my third month of practicing. I have been doing Bikram for more than a year and a half. I looked over at Mich and she was falling out of one legged series more often than usual. I thought, " I am not the only one struggling tonight." As I let go my self image thoughts, the class began to flow and I relaxed into the rest of the postures. But that is what I get for taking two days off! We continue the beautiful struggle to be better than yesterday...

5 comments:

  1. Aw... love that beautiful struggle. :) You are NOT always going to be better than yesterday, sometimes you will be a lot worse than yesterday, but that is ok. The weight gain happens to me too when I drop off practicing suddenly, and it is easy come, easy go... a few days back in the hot room is all it takes to get back to normal. Hooray for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that! I appreciate us fellow yogis who understand the struggle. We push forward no matter what! And that is priceless! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reggi!
    I'm so glad to hear your "voice" - you've become such an integral part of Michelle's posts that I fell like I kind of know you already. I'm glad to hear your perspective. And two days for an adorable/charming guy is always worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reggi~ I only dismissed your reaction to your imagined gut because you have a damn near perfect figure you brat! I would be jealous but I can't because I see how damn hard you work, and girl you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww....you guys make me feel so loved! Thank you for the lovely feedback...it is much needed from fabulous people as all of you...Cheers!

    ReplyDelete